Houzz Logo Print
cjbandit74

Living room make over- need help please!

Christina Fava
7 years ago
Hi!!

I am in the process of updating my living room and need some advice, as I am in a complete stand still as what to do next.
This is what I have done so far-
Painted the wall BM Bar harbor to lighten/brighten the room and purchased a sectional sofa in a light color to blend in and try to make the room bigger.
Replaced the fee standing white mantel electric fireplace with a 50" contemporary linear electrics fireplace.

I just added this bronze finished mirror above the sectional (love this mirror) but not sure if this is the right placement. I'm concerned now that I have 2-focal points (the fireplace wall) and now the mirror which seems like too much in this small room.
1) Should I leave the mirror on the wall? If yes, what do you suggest I put on the sides of it (any pics greatly appreciated)

2) I can't decide on a color scheme for this room- I picked up the two throw pillow- charcoal,grey- but now I'm not sure what other color accent pillow would look nice with them- feel like they are somewhat limiting??
I love corals and greens and navy blues- but just not sure how to tie it all in??
Suggestions on color schemes, pillows, curtains welcome,,,
3) Di I need an area rug I'm afraid it's going to make the space smaller?

4) Any suggestions for fire place wall should I paint it an accent color? Or make it more decorative with a fire place mantle shelf?
I would love to put stack stone on it but I don't have a faux chimney breast,, any ideas here?

5) Suggestions for walls opposite the sofa?

6) suggestions for what to put behind the front door- don't want a coat rack b/c don't want to see all the kids/guests coats- don't have any place to display stuff- photos, decorations- not sure how to dive that one?? Maybe coffe table ottoman

Please Help

Comments (1.2K)