Houzz Logo Print
raebbae

converting B3 and old laundry into new B1 and ensuite, late 2014

raebbae
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Hi all, I'm very close to starting the next stage of our renovations. Bed 3 which faces East will become the new master bedroom, as the old B1 faced the street and South. The connecting wall between the old laundry and bedroom, the linen and the wardrobe have been stripped out. The plumbing is still basically in place. The external house wall is fibro and corrugated iron, so can be modified reasonably easily (with extra footings). A boxed out wall under the eves will be built in the bedroom to create a wardrobe in one wall and extra space, with an (undrawn) sliding glass door 2100 wide lining up with the timber entrance door. This can be adjusted depending on design but I like the idea of being able to see out the glass door into the garden, when walking down the hall. I have bought a beautiful large freestanding bath (Kohler Escale 1829mm x 914mm) but I have been told that a loo and shower would be better resale (not an immediate prospect, PS no other bath in home now). I will consider either option. The entrance to the bedroom can be moved toward the closest corner but I don't wish to walk through the bathroom. I'm more than happy to have an exposed feature bathroom. Thank you for your consideration.

Comments (2)

• User
    9 years ago
    Ask Oneplan for help, she's on the HouzzUK Site.
    raebbae thanked User
  • raebbae
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    please see "additional pics for B3 to B1 conversion" discussion for floor plans for this request. sorry. Rae