Houzz Logo Print
noviceninjaneering

Renovation Layout Change - Need Advice/Suggestions/Help!

Hi Everyone,

I have recently bought my first place, and I am very eager to give this 1980's a modern face lift. Aside from the standard flooring and paint etc, I am looking at making the use of the existing floor space and being open to the idea of removing some of the partition walls.

- So I am looking for suggestions for the best layout to make the most of the space.
- Which walls/openings would you remove/change
- What spaces would you create? (is there a meals and a dining area)
- Where would you put the dining table/lounges/TV etc
- How to let more natural light in

As you can see in the floor plan I have drawn up, there is a bit of space to work with, and the following points will assist with the considerations.

-The "Dining Room" is more of a thorough-fare as it is in the path between the front door and back door to the back yard. I don't think having a dining table here is the best suggestion?

To get the ideas started, my initial though was to remove the walls between the Kitchen/Dining/Rumpus to open it up, and then changing the sliding door in the Dining Room and sliding door in the Rumpus into one or two sets of bigger bi-folding doors. I am just a bit unsure how this will feel as it creates a long narrow/galley feel and the lounge room is a bit isolated from the rest of the spaces. (I am looking at changing the out door patio to let more light in.

Thanks

Comments (6)