Houzz Logo Print
anitastu8

4 Bathrooms tiling colour/ design townhouse

Neetie
9 years ago
Hi All

I attach a photo of my palette and choices I need help with how to apply them to the bathrooms.
I have two Townhouses one I will be living in the other to sell, though the budget is set to fit out the same.
I want to choose the tiles pretty soon but am stuck on whether to go one shade same tile throughout, or one shade 2 textures for a feature wall/s, or two shades.
I am dealing with 4 areas -:
-a main upstairs with large window natural light; you open the door you look at the window with bath underneath, which has a nib wall at the foot with wooden shelves on the vanity wall, vanity and mirror reflect the rear wall with semi frameless shower and loo.
- upstairs ensuite you walk through the robe (carpeted, prob sim shade tbc to grey) to get there, and you also see first the window wall(floor length), with loo and shower to left, and vanity to right. When you are I this room looking to the walk thru robe you see a wall at the end perfect for artwork or a mirror I thought, but you don't see the bedroom, tis down a bit of a hall entry.
- downstairs ensuite, a bit darker than upstairs, this time you walk in from a bedroom off spotted gum floors, the window to bench height on the right wall, shower and loo on left wall, and straight ahead opposite the door is a plain wall, a small bulkhead from stairwell drops the ceiling a bit over the loo.
- a powder, no windows. Tiled halfway up. I thought this could be a simple one colour job because of that? Ie same floor/walls in grey?
All bathrooms have the white gloss cabinetry, the stone Kalala Shan with white vanity.
See pic - I cannot change the stone. I want that warm feeling the stone brings anyway as it's not a white cold base, it's warm cream with shades that can become more brown or grey depending what you put with it.
I was thinking a light grey, or griege as the main colour. I don't want dark or dramatic so that kind of grey and white stark contrast is off my list.
I need to choose just two tiles and within budget! The pic shows a tile the small one bottom r first 2 pics from lifestyles in VIC a grey with I think some purple undertone, I quite like it. But should I introduce something else with it, to keep from being too monotone/ flat, or go a different grey altogether. I also like the Brooklyn Ash with eggshell contrast from Beaumont tiles though possibly out of budget.
What to do! And all walls in each room the same, or one feature wall?
I want a finish that is calm, neutral, natural and evocative of the surrounds - big gum trees in the street, out the front and in the view from upstairs. A bluestone curb lined street, a parkland at rear with natives and viewed from both an upper and lower deck, with lots of natives, birds, and dog walking aplenty! I love that Aussie bush feel, yet we are 5 mins from the beach and 7k from Melbourne CBD. I want that hint of industrial but with a sifter feel, like that silvery bark of the gums.
Exterior finishes are concrete, block work, steel, greys, wood

Comments (8)