Houzz Logo Print
kriss15

Blanco SS Sink: extra hole needed for soap dispenser

kriss15
9 years ago
Hi, just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for this one.
We have the Blanco top stainless sink ready to install. It has 2 holes in it. We have the tap, the plug closer thing, and the soap dispenser accessories.
So we need another hole put in it. No plumbers want to touch it. The sink is $3k rrp ... I rang Blanco (who we purchased directly from) yesterday and their plumber didn't want to do it either - we got his number (local plumbing place) and he was super hesitant to use the punch on it as this one isn't like a normal thin sink - it's double skin and we have about 3mm room for area. We are worried anything like the punch or drill will warp it. Don't really want it going to a warehouse as it will probably get scratched. Ideally someone could come out and do it for us - but who?

I've sent Blanco an email yesterday saying I need a solution but have not heard anything yet!

I've attached pics of the sink (double), plus I found a pic showing a single with the 3 accessories.
Thanks
Krissy

Comments (7)

• PRO
    10 design
    9 years ago
    I'm sure Blanco will assist with a replacement sink . The other option is to have the soap dispenser mounted right next to the sink (in the bench ) .
    kriss15 thanked 10 design
  • bigreader
    9 years ago
    You need the three hole sink. How'd you end up with the number if accessories not matching the sink?

Any non factory hole is going to lessen the quality and life of your sink. There is a reason no one wants to do it.

You may need to give up the soap.
    kriss15 thanked bigreader
  • kriss15
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank you all. I spoke to Blanco again today and they said they don't make a 3 hole sink - it is up to our plumber to put a hole in. So risky!!! Final option is to look at putting it in the bench as 10design suggested...otherwise I think I'll just forget about the soap :( Would rather that then stuff the sink
  • Leah Patterson
    9 years ago
    Yep ditch the soap - don't risk it!!
    (I'm struggling to understand why Blanco sell that as an option when it can't be installed as per that picture - Doesn't sound like that was disclosed to you when you paid $$ for your sink ?)
  • kriss15
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Update! Hubby (ex-boilermaker) put hole in sink with hole saw...very slowly, with oil, drilled hole from back first, scribed it to make it a bit larger at the end. came up beautifully :)
  • Sabina
    9 years ago
    Looks great Krissy. Your husband deserves a cold beverage for that effort!
    kriss15 thanked Sabina