Houzz Logo Print
dinkidi4

I NEED HELP WITH ROUGH THICK UNEVEN BRICK WALLS

Diana
9 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Any help with ideas or advice on how to modernize/improve these horrible brick walls? I have found many ideas for smooth brick walls but nothing for rough thick brick. My lounge has 3 of these walls and one rendered painted wall. Unfortunately, these walls really darken the room and we desperately need something to lighten it. Also the wall bricks are uneven (some slightly jutting out more than others) and the grooves between the bricks are very deep (as per photo). I have looked at the option of spray painting but them white but because we live in a very dusty state - have been told that the dust would show up badly. Also, I have found out that it is impossible to remove the paint at a later stage. I will have to do this myself (DIY) due to costs and unfortunately I am a complete novice. I have looked at drywall or paint on render, but because the edges are uneven and the grooves between bricks being so deep I don't know if these are even options? Any ideas/advice in detail (due to ignorance) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Diana

Comments (24)