Houzz Logo Print
littleblee

Need help for my newly renovated basement

blee
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
I'm open to any suggestions at all for decorating our recently renovated basement. There is a lounge area at one end and a billiard table area at the other end which are divided by a central entertainment unit in the middle of the layout with walkways either side. The walls are painted in Dulux Lexicon Half Strength and the floor tile is a cool gray (with a greeny tinge in some light) so I'm hoping to warm things up a bit and add some colour, but not too much. There is corrugated iron behind the TV which is currently sitting on a beautiful piece of Cypress Pine. The TV will eventually be hung in the middle of the corrugated iron. The curtains I have chosen are a cool grey and go beautifully with the tiles. I'm now wondering if I need a rug for the lounge area? What should I hang on the walls? Should I stick to neutrals or should I spice it up with pops of colour? I'm thinking a nice plum colour might work? Should I put some large potted plants in the corners at the far end of the billiard table area? We do live on acreage so have lovely views to the outside. I am feeling a little overwhelmed with such a huge area to decorate and I am really am open to any suggestions so please take flight.....

Comments (21)