Houzz Logo Print
linda_micallef

Exterior of house

Linda Micallef
9 years ago
I've recently renovated my home from a single to double storey. I Would appreciate advice with colour scheme of house & making it look more traditional without changing the actual structure. Need to keep cost down. Current render colours are portland stone (main colour of top floor), deep ocean blue (gutters & fascia) & belly fire red (balcony & above garage). I'm unable to change the portland stone colour as that will cost too much. I will be painting white window on bottom floor to paperbark like above as error was made to top floor windows. As for balcony frosted glass, would you agree placing a vertical garden to cover that up? Had to have it & balcony was meant to be glass but error was made. I was thinking of adding moulding around large upstairs window & surrounding the garage. Also was thinking of adding an horizontal batten to frame the gable but uncertain what colour to do this. I also would like to know what colour I should paint garage roller door, door frame & I have a security door to add & what colour I should paint that? Would you advise adding a traditional awning to large window upstairs or would that be too much? If yes, what colour would you suggest? I would greatly appreciate with colour scheme for specific colours if possible as I'm highly confused & too afraid I will choose wrong colour.
I thank you in advance for your advise.

Comments (23)