Houzz Logo Print
rhondamodolo13

need advice on new floor plan and extension

rhondamodolo13
9 years ago
We bought the house a couple of years ago because we like the area, the back faces north with lovely views and it has a quaint feel about it. In saying that it had the strangest layout I've ever seen. long skinny rooms, rooms off rooms and a central lounge that has 5 doorways off it plus a fireplace...nowhere to put a lounge chair!! We have done some renovations already just so we could move in, polished the floors and painted new kitchen and added an ensuite to the very odd long room that i think used to be a dining room (?!?) That is currently our main bedroom. What was, I assume, was the main bedroom, we opened up the wall to make a lounge and put the dining room in the "room of many doors".The bathroom and toilet at the back of the house can go, they are still original. The block slopes from front to back. We recently added a studio type of apartment under the house for our son and like the fact that is currently quite separate to the main house but would like to connect to the house in the future with internal stairs.
What we need is...
- A main bedroom that is more private (it doesn't need to stay where it is if the ensuite can be used as the main bathroom.
- Double garage/carport with relative ease of access to the house
- An extra bedroom, at the moment we have two beds and a study which is too small for a bedroom( 2.2 x 3.5) Don't really need a room for the study, just a study area.
- a large deck out the back to take in the great aspect
- access to the laundry downstairs or a second laundry zone with access to outside for clothesline
I am open to any suggestion as i have exhausted just about all my ideas (last total 2524plans) : /

Comments (3)