Houzz Logo Print
fifibeewal

Warming up open plan space

Fiona
8 years ago

Hi all,

I am living in an open plan rental property and now that winter has descended it's beginning to feel very cold and sterile. It's physically cold because due to the large windows and only one very old and ineffective split system to heat downstairs it never heats up, property manager is looking into this for us and hoping to get ducted heating fitted. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I know that putting down rugs might help too? We have a little 2 year old so not sure how practical they would be but worth a try. How about window dressings? Again probably not doable due to length of window! Any other decor tips would be much appreciated, it looks quiet dull and bland. I was holding off on decorating until I found an artwork that we loved for over the fire so I could figure out a colour scheme! Someone give me a colour scheme, point me in the direction of nice art, advise me of any furniture pieces that would work well in the space. Also if anyone knows anything that's effective for heating a large space like this please share, think if we don't sort out the coldness soon I might have to start wearing a Snuggie. Sorry lots of questions! Thanks in advance

Fi

PS- To the left on the way towards the front door there is a playroom which is part of this space too.

Comments (25)