Houzz Logo Print
sophia_hicks

Help with flooring actually a few other issues as well kind people

Sophia Hicks
8 years ago
This is the plans for an additions and renovations to our home, we have three young children 6 4 and 2 and two dogs to take into consideration.
First question is the flooring
we currently have laminate in the kitchen, hall way and living area that is 5 years old and while I think that that I just fell for a dodgy salesman and company they look sad very sad. At first I planned to tile the area but recently went to a house that had such a large open living area tiled and with children playing it was very noisy.
So then I thought Vinyl planks but the sales man and the flooring shops keep telling me that I will be disappointed and should have German made floating floors. But that means I have to have different floor in laundry, and as the laundry has an North facing external door which is and will be open most of the time Due to that I was looking for continuation in floors.
The area that needs flooring is hallway that includes 3 steps entry, laundry, kitchen, meals, family area and study nook. I would be very open to people's thoughts and experiences with both floating floors and vinyl actually would love someone to say this product this colour. Lol

Second issue is the kitchen

which is existing with white glossy cupboards and black granite bench tops and is not being replaced during renos as it also is 5 years old. Currently the sink is under a window which is being removed including the wall, shown on plans. I planed to put a children homework desk either on the western wall or facing the sink. I am not sure what to do about splash back/ return around the bench as the North west corner of bench has a rectangle cut out around existing external wall ( about to be removed) We do have the cut out from sink that is sufficient to cover hole to make bench square again. Or should we have a splash back following existing wall.

Thank you for advice and options

Comments (10)