Houzz Logo Print
kirtley_leigh

Eastern Eclectic

I am updating the decor in various rooms my timber pole home in tropical North Queensland Australia.

I have lived and worked in Asia and travelled extensively -always collecting interesting Asian furniture and other pieces along the way.
I have recently inherited the antiques from my deceased parent's estate in the USA and love the challenge of combining my Asian collection with the Asian and European antiques from my parents. So far the melding of pieces is an Eastern Eclectic style. I realize it is full but it is hard for me to streamline as I love each piece - I think the challenge is finding the right place in the home for things and giving pieces room to shine and space to breathe.

My question to any of you -and especially those with a love of all things Asian like me-is:

I have a houseful of exquisite things now, but I find it hard and even overwhelming to decide the proper place for many items. Might I be able to post pics of the various rooms as I have styled them so far, and get suggestions for what could be moved where- eve from one room to another- in order to showcase the pieces to their best?

Any ideas or suggestions as to what I might improve on? None of my ideas of how to decorate and arrange my pieces is sacred, and I am willing to move around pieces in order to get the balance and design right.

I am passionate about interiors and adore the creativity involved in getting the rooms just right.
I am grateful for any and all ideas for change or improvement. I will post my ideas so far for other rooms soon, but I'm starting here with the open plan living room.

Thanks!

Comments (9)