Houzz Logo Print
dan_baretta

New Off Grid Rural Solar Passive Design for Wide Bay

Dan Baretta
8 years ago

Thought I'd throw this out to all you educated people ;) after countless hours of research & design changes (a process I thoroughly enjoy) I have come up with a design that I think meets most of our expectations. We have bought 69 acres on top of a hill with awesome 360 degree views. No neighbours within shouting distance, no chance of ever being built out. Also no power from the grid & no phone line though we do have excellent mobile/4G service and the NBN has gone through so hopefully fast wifi. Building won't commence til after Christmas so we still have plenty of time to get this right. So we are looking for a modern, energy efficient beautiful family home for my wife & I and our 2 children (9 & 13) that takes advantage of the views on offer. I've been playing around with SketchUp & have attached a few views of the design below. Please feel free to chime in with your opinions & expertise on the building design, solar passive, off grid solar energy, polished concrete flooring etc, I promise to take it all on board & will be greatly appreciative.

Top View

North Facing

South Facing

Plan

Comments (69)