Houzz Logo Print
shinymew

Bedroom blind selection (updated) - please help.

Luke
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

[This post follows the original found [here[(https://www.houzz.com.au/discussions/bedroom-blind-selection-please-help-dsvw-vd~1172808), in which I sought advice regarding selection of a window treatment for a traditional, semi-rural home, and provided Houzz photos that dictate the decidedly 'bed and breakfast' style I am trying to achieve.]

The size of the window is 1675mm (width) by 1365mm (drop).

Since the original post, my bedroom has changed slightly:

The views and home in which the bedroom sits:

It should be noted that, as a student still living at home, I do not have the ability to paint my bedroom, so any window treatment would need to work with both current and future colours schemes.

It was suggested I try either another roman or a roller/holland blind (blockout or light filter with UV backing) in wall-colour. I am struggling to make a decision here, particularly as the house generally will be getting a repaint in the not-too-distant future, meaning that a white or a natural colour (eg rattan reed) is probably the best way to go - Kendo light filter blind:

It was also suggested that white sheer curtains be added but I cannot find any photos as to what this may look like.

Comments (2)