Houzz Logo Print

Need help with the design tone for my apartment

Hi,

I'm going to move to new apartment and have a interior company to design but I still have some questions they couldn't answer. I'm appreciated much if someone can help to give advice.

This is my first house so I want it to be beautiful, per the point of view of professional designer and of course have to be look good to me.

General information :

This is 97m2 apartment with 2 bed rooms, 2 rest rooms (1 in master bed room), 1 kitchen room, living room & space for dinner/lunch. I will live with my wife and my younger brother. We planned to have 2 children in next 5 years. I like the modern style with wood.

The apartment has already the doors in wood (MDF) as well as the kitchen cabinet, the rest room. So to live, I have the design and purchase/order the furniture following the design.

My questions :

1. The cabinet next to the tables (the one with glass) - I want to have cabinet on the wall to have space to store stuff when our children were born but still want to look comfortable. The designer designs the glass in the middle like in the photo. Is there any other ways can do to meet my requirement ?

I also think that replacing all the cabinet door to white color will be better. Am I correct ?

2. For the Living room, because I like the wood and its color but still need to make the room look wide, I'm going to replace the face/door of cabinet under the TV to white color. I wonder which color else that can be used for my living room besides the wood color (yellow) & white (wall & cabinet door). I don't like hot color such as red, orange, ... Can I use the light blue ? And where I can use that color (the wall after the sofa, the sofa or what, ...).

3. Same question above for 2 bed rooms, what color else (light blue? ) that I can use and use in which furniture ?

3. As I like modern style so they advise me to use the MDF wood with melamine or laminate. But I'm afraid that the white color will be become to another color after years and it looks ugly. Can you advise if the white color with laminate still look good after some years ?

4. Any other issues with the tone/specific furniture that you can find from the design, please give me the comment/advise. I'm very appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Comments (4)