Houzz Logo Print
kelliemckay

Master bedroom feature wall

kelliemckay
8 years ago
Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help....

We have a more classic bedroom style (ivory/yellow undertone walls), (faux) ivory bedroom setting with gold inlay, ivory curtains with pale gold pattern, lace curtains, etc. We also have a stone vase and two antique style bedaide lamps. I don't feel our current feature wall is the right colour (dark brown - our bedding is a grey colour), but am at a loss as to what to change it to.

I looked at a gold (pale-ish/metallic) paint but I can't find the colour I thought may work. I looked at the Solver Pearl range but a bit too $$$. I am considering their stone/ textured paint (depending on cost). When I have spoken with staff in the paint shops it seems that the yellow undertone brings out 'mustard' (ewww) colours in browns or a 'green' in many greys - also ewww. I found a grey with mauve undertones that was okay-ish.... Unfortunately bright, bold colours are out. They don't suit us or the house.

Generally, i can't find something that is interesting and works... Some paint staff suggested changing the colour of the rest of the walls to be an easier feature wall match, but the rest of our house is this colour and we quite like it....

I really wanted to do something different (hence metallic, pearl, or stone look) but the consensus of the professionals is that a grey or maybe a lighter type of brown/beige would be best. Boring.

Other suggestions? ??? Please????

Thankyou :)

Comments (2)