Houzz Logo Print
katepatriciabell

Advice needed on Reno Plans: Exterior Solution

Pymble Reno
8 years ago
We are struggling a bit with the plans for our renovation, and I'd love your opinions/suggestions.

It's an old 1940's house in Pymble, Sydney with no original charm. Our objective is to flip the layout so the living flows to the backyard (currently faces front) and increase the size of the backyard (house is set towards back of block. Backyard important for this suburb).

We are being conservative with budget, otherwise a renovation becomes pointless and we may as well knock down/rebuild.

We are really happy with the first floor, but really struggling with ground floor.

Our current structure has 3 carports on ground floor. Architect has proposed leaving 2 as garages and the third as entry, then going up stairs to main living floor.

Floor plan works best with central entry, however I can't get my head around a garage either side of the front door.

I prefer the look of the exterior with a left entry, however this gives us less space on ground floor for an additional guest bedroom.

A young family will be living here who love to entertain. 3 children aged between 2-10, lots of visitors and family coming to stay.

I'd love your thoughts!

Attachments:
1. Current floorplan
2. New Plan: 1st Floor (no real issues)
3. New Plan: Ground, Central Entry plan
4. New Plan: Ground, Left Entry plan
5. New Plan: Central Entry Facade
6. New Plan: Left Entry Facade

Comments (3)