Houzz Logo Print
ezza8200

Buying new leather couch for living room — too big?

ezza8200
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I need help! We brought our house over 12 mths ago and still have not started to style or refurnish to suit the house. My husband and I would like to start by buying a new leather modular couch for our living room - mainly where we watch tv and sit back to relax for the day. We have two young children so it is currently also filled with toys (these will be going! And lounge will be toy free zone). We have a restricted budget, and I have found it hard to find a couch that ticks all the boxes in that price range (up to $2500) Ideally I would have liked a "L" shape but haven't found a suitable one in our price range or lighter colour. I thought black or brown would look too bold in the room? The leather lounge we like is quite big which would be nice to have some space when visitors come and we can both lay or sit comfortably, however I'm concerned it is too big! And the chase may cut off the room as it is narrow. Colour is mocha. Can we design around this modular and still have half decent looking room?? Or am I kidding myself

Now photos - 1) Our Lounge room below, don't laugh and this may not help due to the clutter, but I have placed items to give an estimate of the size of the leather lounge (toy play station represents end of couch, and closer to the camera the ottoman is the length of the chase) The front door is entering on the right of pic where foot mat is. 2) the proposed leather modular. 3) Then 2 sliding doors seperate lounge room from dining room (this pic was not taken with items placed in position for lounge estimate) Please excuse mess, odd bits of furniture and total lack of styling! (A wee bit embarrassed)

Comments (13)