Houzz Logo Print
arcmaz

Help needed — house makeover for downsizer

arcmaz
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi there,

My Dad has recently downsized from a large country bungalow to a small 3 bedroom coastal brick house. The antique dark furniture doesn't suit the house and he also feels its too old and daggy in this space.

So far the house has been moved in and thats it. No love has been given to the house, so it doesn't yet feel like a home. I want to help him make the place cosy yet modern. He lives alone but has guests stay from time to time, so making the space work for him and his guests is required.

Basically the kitchen, dining and living are all one space. Its bland and beige.

He is replacing the 4 seater antique table, with a 6 seater. It is still dark but better for guests. He wants a new sofa and armchairs. I think the living room could be rearranged. He needs some form of bookshelf, hall table or buffet.

The bedrooms need a lot of love. They are all small. The main bedroom furniture needs to be replaced. I am thinking white?

I don't have a lot of money as I have a small family and I am saving for my own first home. So I am thinking KMART, TARGET and IKEA as a start.

HELP - House Makeover Needed on a Budget · More Info

I would love to hear from you all. I just feel like I can't quite get my head around it.

Comments (14)