Houzz Logo Print
daniel_king7480

Help - renovating awkward and outdated kitchen

Daniel King
8 years ago

So we have just purchased our dream property - only problem is we don't like the kitchen.

- It has an awkward shape in general with cramped space around the windows with awkward cabinets and space for a very small fridge.Raise cabinets to get taller fridge in?

- It has a Ilve 900mm wide freestanding oven which I wouldn't have picked as it takes up too much space but I plan on keeping as it is too nice to throw out.

- Mismatched middle island has a curved awful green granite top - however does have 2 nice drawer style dishwashers in it. Needs to match new cabinets? Maybe put sink in island instead?

- green granite patterned floor tiles disgust me also as I would have liked to have had the wooden floors flow the whole way through also. Any ideas on what we could replace the tiles with?

Photo

Plans

I have never renovated a kitchen before so would love to get some ideas from you guys.

i will be replacing all cabinets with lighter ones and replace cabinet between the windows with a large canopy style rangehood.

Thanks so much in advance

Dan

Comments (19)