lisabradley100

conservatory

Lisa Bradley
November 10, 2015

need design ideasfor 70s style conservatory

• wuff
    Are you wanting to update one or are you wanting to build one onto an existing 70s style home.. I love conservatories, but I don't have one unfortunately
    Lisa Bradley thanked wuff
  • chookchook2

They are not good for hot climates. Are you in a cold climate?

Lisa Bradley thanked chookchook2
  • Lisa Bradley

No, I have an existing one... in a funky 70s-style house but I don't know how to dress it to set it off.

• LouieT

Lisa if you post a photo you might get some help & look up photos on Houzz to start and idea book for reference ideas. Do any of these look similar?

The Bridge House · More Info

Residential Photography · More Info

A french Country home Vaucluse · More Info

Lisa Bradley thanked LouieT
  • macyjean

I love that first one. Interestingly they call it an atrium not a conservatory. I thought atriums were internal and not necessarily roofed? Anyhow, as chookchook said, climate is important. Do you need ideas for shade? Does it get a lot of sun that will fade fabrics? It could be a great place for plants. Macrame hangers full of ferns? What do you use it for?

• Lisa Bradley

I like the first one also. Mine is similar but a lot older. It is a perfect space for a vintage couple of chairs and a table. A place to chat amongst lush plants, I think. And I found this great vintage wall chart from 100 per cent New Zealand (http://100percentnz.co.nz/collections/wall-charts), which suits the space. Erstwhile in Australia (http://www.erstwhile.co/) does some similar charts. The retro-style maps are a real conversation starter.

• fiona_ab
    That print is gorgeous. Have a look at www.faboutdoorfabric.com.au they have great selection of modern fabric with high UV ratings, perfect for wooden or bamboo framed furniture. They will make the cushions for you if you need. I shall go and look for some options using your print as inspiration and report back.
  • fiona_ab
    Are any of these speaking to you?
  • fiona_ab
    Or these?
  • LouieT

I'm loving the sound of vintage inspired wall charts & furniture. You could pick out some colours from the chart to start with & look in op shops or antique stores for furniture that you can refurbish.

Do you have a picture of the space & the dimensions of the conservatory Lisa?

• Lisa Bradley

No, it's pretty unattractive at this stage... yet to clear the clutter. Love the prints too. Thanks for posting.