Houzz Logo Print
pete_maunder

Lounge room and bedroom help

Pete Maunder
8 years ago

Just moved into my first house! Here is my lounge/family room.

A couple of questions I'd like opinions on, keeping in mind that I am a minimalist and I like modern/contempary looks but without them being industrial/cold.
Also the window is going to be replaced and the new window is a black frame.

The coffee table came with the couch, I will be replacing it as it looks too big for the room and makes it too much black. Any opinions on what would look good for a coffee table would be appreciated. I'm thinking a wooden circular one.

1. Which option for the TV - wall mount TV and a soundbar on the wall with no TV unit at all, or slim straight line TV unit, or get a corner unit (would hang in front of window), or get a custom corner unit made that has one longer side and one shorter side so it fits in.

Would a wall mount or straight line unit look odd given that I have a corner couch positioned where it is? Sort of like it's only facing 1/2 of the people on the couch.

2. Lamps/artwork/accessories/fake plants - something to make it not look so bland and dull! How I should add a bit of colour to brighten it up.

Same question with the bedroom - looks very dull and bland - how can I liven it up a bit?

Comments (6)