Houzz Logo Print
p4mla

struggling with my duck egg living room, help!

Pumpkin
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We moved in a few months ago and I am really struggling with the living room its getting me quite down, we have a 6m long living room (rectangle shape) with fireplace in the centre of the long wall, opposite long wall has only 1 doorway from hall, its approx 4.5m wide, large window taking up most of one of these walls and blank wall opposite.

We have brought our dark mango furniture, dark brown sofa from the last house and have inherited a fairly new coffee coloured carpet.

I was looking to keep everything creams and browns but was told I should really go for some kind of colour.

I had opted to go duck egg, I painted the fireplace wall in this (Laura Ashley) with the rest of the walls being vanilla white (quite a dull room, East facing) I had duck/egg and silvery white curtains and pelmet made so I am now kind of stuck with the duck egg. I just feel that the long wall is odd looking and I don't know what to do with it. Its really getting to me as I want to get it just right. All the pics I can see of duck egg l/rooms have light sofas and white furniture.

I am wondering if I have to go all out and change sofa and furniture etc but that's going to be fairly expensive all to go around curtains and paint. We were looking to change the fireplace as its only 46" wide and looks tiny on the wall and its a beigey colour limestone I think. Unsure whether to go dark wood or white.

Sorry for lack of pics but I can't get access to Ipad right now (only thing that lets me put pics on here fore some reason)

Comments (16)