Houzz Logo Print
s_radzikowska

Please help with our lounge room styling

Sylvia D
8 years ago

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate some help with our lounge room, I would like it to be a bit more cozy and feel more homely.

These are some photos of the way it’s currently layed out, sorry about the mess hopefully you can imagine it without some of the clutter. It’s basically a square shape which also fits our dining table at the end. It’s always felt very bare as if we have just moved into it and I would like it have a bit more something. It’s doing my head in, I’m not sure if it needs just some art or photos on the wall or texture. I don't think the balance is right. We’re on a very tight budget and it would be good to be clever with the money or get good bang for our buck. I’m not sure what style I’m looking for, I like the scandi look but I’m not sure if it works with the terracotta floors, any thoughts??

Some points to consider: The layout works ok for us, because we have two small children the rug area is great for them to drag their toys onto.

The rug will be gone soon, it’s old and clapped out, but I’m not sure what to replace it with??

Keeping in mind we have two small children who constantly get food stuck on it. A lady at the rug store suggested shag pile. My original thought was that food would be hideously hard to remove even though I love shag rugs. She also suggested a grey colour although I feel this would drag the room down.

The entertainment unit needs to stay where it is.

I like the idea of zones, the one seater near the window works because this is where I still to meditate or contemplate things, the tv faces the couch for a more intimate tv viewing area, but other than that I’m not sure what to do. It’s such a small space.

Help please!!??

Comments (5)