Houzz Logo Print
carlaanderman

YDL Stone

Carla A
6 years ago

Has anyone bought a seen a slab from YDL Stone premium/premium plus range? They are a much cheaper alternative marble look but I have only seen samples and yet to find a picture of a full slab. If you could please send pictures that would be appreciated. After the kalala range or closest to marble look. Thank you.

• bronsim
    6 years ago

Iv just had Ydl Dawn installed its from there premium plus range. We purchased 3 slabs as we did kitchen,laundry, pantry and two bathroom cabinets. I too was originally looking at the kalala range as well. I live in the northern suburbs of Melbourne so I rang Ydl and they were more than happy for us to visit there factory to have a look at the slabs. We went to the Thomastown showroom,the slabs look very different from the small sample blocks. As soon as I saw the Dawn I fell in love with it. Give them a call and hopefully they have a factory close enough to you.

• Hari
    6 years ago
    We had kalala bianco installed by a stone mason recommended by the YDL contact in Brisbane early this year. We love it. I saw slab and had to have it ;-)
  • bronsim
    6 years ago

Looks really good and I like your tiles. I'm still deciding on tiles or glass.

• Hari
    6 years ago
    Another photo of ydl Kalala Bianco (kitchen progress photo)
  • Hari
    6 years ago
    bronsim - our kitchen is classic look and therefore I decided to go for chalk subway tiles with white grout. If we had a modern kitchen I would have considered glass. One other thing to take into consideration is that it isn't too hard to replace tiled splashback, but glass would be more difficult.
  • Carla A
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thanks for the pics :) your kitchens all
    Look great! We ended up picking something completely different and went with a porcelain slab with strong veins- when it's installed in the next few weeks I'll upload a pic :)
  • Carla A
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    That's not my kitchen but that will be the slab and splashback
  • denisemarywalsh
    6 years ago

Love this slab.........

• Hari
    6 years ago
    that looks fantastic!!
  • beknjulz
    6 years ago

Porcelain Slab? Where did you source this and cost wise to YDL how did it compare?

• Carla A
    Original Author
    6 years ago

From 'Multiform' in Cambelfield, VIC. YDL stone was much much more cost effective by thousands but this porcelain slab is just incredible. we moved other things in out budget to make room for it.

• mazza65
    5 years ago

which porcelain slab is it? Is that the name of the product?

• Carla A
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    It's called Aura made my Dekton :)
  • Tribbletrouble44152k7 Trek
    5 years ago

Is that your kitchen? It looks pretty, thanks for sharing!

• mazza65
    5 years ago

Thanks. Looks amazing!

• Carla A
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Yes that's our kitchen :) turned out better than what I imagined I'll post more pics soon :)
  • biancaj04
    5 years ago
    Do not purchase from YDL Stone. I am absolutely appalled with the service my partner and I received from the staff at the warehouse. As a first time 'renovator' I thought by having specific requirements and photos the staff would be able to provide professional service and provide me with all the information I needed to select the right stone. Unfortunately they did not and as a result the stone installed was incorrect and now my kitchen is ruined. The stone I enquired was Calcutta (White) instead they installed the gold Calcutta (cream/yellow) the staff were in disbelief that they could make a mistake like that and did not want to listen to the process we had followed. They were rude, they deflected the blame elsewhere
  • biancaj04
    5 years ago
    They made derogatory comments towards me as a woman and as a result offered a $500 compensation. The stone is shocking it's already scratched. They threatened me that if I were to take this to VCAT that they would win and basically made fun of my partner and I. DO NOT PURCHASE STONE!! I would rather pay 10K and have the professional service not to be treated like a number.
  • Lyn Huppatz
    5 years ago
    OMG Bianca! I would take it further. Nobody should be treated like that.
  • Lyn Huppatz
    5 years ago
    Loooove yor kitchen Carla. Even though porcelain is expensive its suppose to be bullet proof.
  • LesleyH
    5 years ago
    Bianca - did your invoice specify the stone colour?
  • billpeet
    5 years ago

How did the YDL stone wear after a few months?

• biancaj04
    5 years ago
    Unfortunately my partner and I are changing the stone to porcelain, the bench is covered in marks (I can only assume it would be my chopping board marking the stone)
  • Carla A
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Omg that's insane
    Well I can't recommend the porcelain enough
    I put hot pots from the cook top directly on it, chop on it and not a single mark it's beyond amazing
  • Vladislav Reznik
    5 years ago

Just to save you from all the pain, I would stay clear of ydl, it's the biggest rubbish out there. Unless you want to consistently scrub this thing day and night, because it marks so damn easily. Rubber feet from food processor, spilled a little bit of coffee and didn't notice it, cutting beetroot and a tiny bit spilled on the stone, feet from fruit basket (still not coming off, even with Jiff!). They tell you a million times not to use anything but hot water with soap, lol good luck

• biancaj04
    5 years ago
    Couldn't agree with you more! I would love to send you photos of our stone but it won't allow me! Not happy
  • bronsim
    5 years ago

Iv had my ydl stone since last April and I have not had any issues at all with it.Even with teenagers living at home and not always cleaning up spills I don't have any stains, I use a cloth with warm water to clean it then a dry glass cleaning cloth and it looks great.

Precision
    5 years ago

Bianca, you are not ment to chop on any reconstituted Stone including ceassr stone, light colours will stain with most stones including honed Marble, if you want a hard surface use Dekton or similar and in future go to a good stone mason and not to the factory.

You will get a better deal as they have buting power and won't get treated like a monkey as they treat each other.

You will know for next time

• Mary kat
    5 years ago
    I had YDL benchtop for my house 2 years ago. And the color was Calacatta Vene.
    It's so beautiful and nice easy to maintain.
    Compare to Caesarstone I had in the holiday house,they are the same thing.~ and YDL much more affordable.

Don't know why you have these issue?

As long as you treat the stone in right way, it won't have any problem.

Doesn't matter which brand you go for, if don't look after in the right method it would have problems.

This just my opinion to share~
  • Daniel
    5 years ago

Hi Hari, your Kitchen looks great. We have just viewed the same slab choice at the their factory in Brisbane. Who was the stone mason referred to you that you used, I would like to approach them for a quote for our YDL stone install in Brisbane also.

Thank you in advance.

• JE C
    5 years ago

Carla A, or anyone else that has this porcelain product, (sorry to hijack the thread about YDL slightly), your porcelain appears to have a honed rather then super shiny look in the photo which I love - is that how it looks in reality? Thanks

• Karen Kenton-Barnes
    4 years ago

We went with Khalala light brown YDL stone, even around a recessed sink we have had no marks or chips. Compared to my sister who opted for the Caesar Stone, hers has numerous chips. (Maybe she’s just heavy handed?)

Quartz - Stone Care, Cleaning & Repair Experts
    4 years ago

Mike from YDL sells quality stone.

• jen jen
    last year

@Quartz - Stone Care, Cleaning & Repair Experts In another thread you said to stay away from YDL stone, and Chinese stone in general. So why the inconsistency?

• Abigail Weeks
    last year

Love your stone Carla. I too was looking at YDL Stone and then saw one at Multiform and fell in love. The one I've chosen is porcelain - Infinity stone, design called Calacatta Oro. Wondering if anyone has this installed that they can post pics of? My kitchen is scheduled for installation next month...

• HU-765641491
    10 months ago

Does anyone have trouble with the stone making holes in clothes? Both mine and my husband's tops have had holes from working at the stone bench.

• Sam Edgar
    4 months ago

Considering purchasing Ultimo YDL stone but a bit worried about it now. Does anyone have this stone?

• Kate
    4 months ago

I have ydl stone on my vanity. 2 yrs old no issues

• Kate
    4 months ago

Natural stones may put holes in natural fibres as they absorb moisture. Was warned by clothing shop.

• Robbie Knill
    7 days ago

The holes in the shirts can come from an agressive detailed edge. If you get a pencil round edge then this wont happen. also for the people with marking benchtops this is more than likely from the glue from the protective film melting onto the stone surface. sometimes containers can get super hot. you just need some glue dissolver like orange goo disolver. Bit harsh to blame YDL stone for these issues.