Houzz Logo Print
jrslater32

Some advice please on window treatments in my little cottage, thanks!

MJ
8 years ago

Hello! I have a little old fibro cottage and the kitchen and bedroom windows need blinds or perhaps curtains in the bedroom. I would have left the kitchen window free as I love the light and the view into the garden, but this is a very cold house in winter so I think it would be good to cover that thin window pain at least at night!

Can anyone suggest what may look nice on these two windows? I originally thought lined roman blinds, but someone told me that they are not recommended in kitchens or other wet areas.

I would really like to keep with the cottage theme and not do anything too modern. I have another area that has louvers and Holland blinds, which I have grown to like. As a result, someone suggested a Holland blind for the kitchen window.

In the bedroom, lined curtains would certainly help with the intense morning sun and also the insulation factor. The garden view and trees are also really nice from this window too. Sorry not a great pic though.

Any suggestions on type of window treatment and colours too would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :-)

Comments (7)