Houzz Logo Print
lenlafuente

Padded pelmet or not

8 years ago
Hello,

My husband and I have been considering dressing up our windows around our open living area with padded pelmets.

We have vertical blinds which I find very practical compared to curtains. However, at times I think they are too dull. I came across the idea of using padded pelmets with vertical blinds in one of the display homes we visited. I just wasn't able to take photos.

We are not sure whether it would look good on our house as we just have a standard ceiling. My worry is that it might close in the space and make the house look smaller than it already is.

Can you please share with us what you think?

The first photo (with red and orange cushions) is the open living area where we're considering the padded pelmets. The second is a photo I found to see how pelmets in blinds look like and the third photo is a sample of the fabric I have in mind.

Would love to know your thoughts!

Cheers
Arleen