Houzz Logo Print
debex

Should I change our interior colour scheme?

Deb Xuereb
8 years ago
We will soon be having our house interior painted as its been about 15 years since the last time it was painted and it needs a freshen up. My dilemma is whether we should keep the same colour scheme (which I love) or switch to something a bit more on-trend (neutrals). Our house is three bedrooms with a large family room/ kitchen area and separate to room. We have the same colour scheme all through the house, which is my preference. Walls are a gold/ochre colour and ceilings and trim are a rich cream/off white. Our decor is eclectic with some antiques and mid 20th century pieces. We have timber blinds in all rooms which I don't want to change. Living areas are tiled in large pale terracotta coloured tiles.
Because a total repaint is such a disruptive process - not to mention expensive! - I don't want to be disappointed with the result if I change the colour but by the same token I don't want to waste an opportunity to do something different. My main concern with going with neutral colours is that although it would look fresh and different initially, it may be a bit "boring" after a while.
Thoughts?

Comments (20)