Houzz Logo Print
natalie_bolton16

Small bathroom renovation

Natalie Bolton
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi everyone

I am after some help with bathroom design. Everything needs replacing, but I am not overly happy with the layout as is. I have a tiny 700x1000 shower a 1200 long bath and a small vanity under the window. (Pic 1 shows floor plan and Pic 2 shows photo of the room). There is no option for stealing space from other areas, so the 1800 x 2300 area is all I have to work with. I have been thinking about this on and off for about 6 months and what I have come up with is the following

1. Leave shower size as is and replace with glass panels and build in a better vanity to take advantage of the tiny but wasted space either side. Replace bath with deeper unit,
  2. Have a shower bath combo along the wall with the window. This would allow a lovely big vanity (Pic 3). For this option I would be looking for a very wide bath with a flat bottom. The only one I have really found is the Decina Prima or modena (I think these are basically the same).
  3. The layout in pic 4

I am very open to any other suggestions. Regardless I will be replacing the normal door with a cavity slider.

I would be so grateful for any advice, I am concerned about the bath shower combo as people seem to always bag it, but I wonder if this is more so for the older ones. If I went this option I would find the very best bath I could that would be comfortable.

Thanks in advance :)

Natalie

Comments (16)