Houzz Logo Print
sandra_lamari

Furnishing ideas for our lounge

Sandra Lamari
7 years ago

We are coming to the end of our house build.

I would like to ask you lovely folk some ideas and places to get furnishing for our lounge.

We have mixed hardwood flooring, our walls are Vivid White.

On the back of our island will be a Lego feature (ghost barstools in front so not to block it) and our kitchen splashback is Dulux Jubilation.

Our dining table is from Nick Scali the Levanzo.

We have no dining chairs (though we'll probably just get the matching chairs from Nick Scali) but our main dilema is our lounge area.

We are a family of 5, with a dog and a cat so our lounge needs to be practical as well as hard wearing, and to fit in the smallish area that we are trying to work with, and not clashing with our colours (as much as I love bright colours we dont really want a child care centre look)

I like the idea of a 3 seater for the kids and 2 armchairs/recliners/swivel chairs for the adults. I havent seen anyhting that takes my fancy for us parents (apart from something from Harvey Norman for 2K each!)

There are a few 3 seaters that I like, the Uno from King Furniture and Poppy from Freedom and one from Far Pavillion.

While we are limited in furniture shops here in town, I am able to get to Sydney in 2 weeks so I can have a try of some chairs while I am there.

Sorry for the pic heavy post, but I thought that I would give you ALL the info that I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and then I will ask for more help later on our bedrooms :-D haha

Cheers

Sandra

Comments (3)