Houzz Logo Print
dspice02

looking for architectural advice on the layout of 1889 victorian

dspice02
7 years ago

I'm looking for advice and feedback on the plans I'm working on with an architect for an extension I want to achieve for my home.

It's a 1889 Victorian?? style home constructed of rendered brick internal walls and timber/iron & lathe plaster external walls. (I refer to it as a brick veneer home in reverse).

It's currently four bedrooms, one bathroom, one living area with office and a sun room and external laundry.

What I want to achieve is 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, office, indoor laundry, formal lounge, open plan kitchen/living/dining (with butlers pantry) that seamlessly opens onto an outdoor entertaining area. All while keeping the original period features such as high ceilings, fireplaces.

I've had these plans attached drawn up by an architect but I'm wondering if anyone has some better suggestions for the layout? With the original hallway 1.8m wide and the cieling heights at 3.8m, am I wasting too my space under the current roof and how could I better utilise the space of the entire home so the extension doesn't have to be so large.

Although this is intended to by my family home, I don't want to over capitalise on the renovation.

Any advice or feedback on improving the layout and design would be appreciated.

Thanks
Deanna

Comments (21)