Houzz Logo Print
lauramcmahonhiggins

Need help choosing my floorboards!

lauramcmahonhiggins
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi Guys,

I am currently building my Hamptons style home and now i have to chose my floorboards and i am totally torn between two different products. Please help me chose!

Option One - Preengineered Oak Timber Floors from Topwood

These boards are wider and have more of a matt finish. They also have a grove where each board joins the next, so the effect is that you can see the lines between the boards quiet clearly, especially when you stand back and look from further away.

Option Two

Solid Oak Floor sanded, stained and glossed on site. Stained in half brown.

These boards are glossier and from further away you cannot see the lines between them at all because they have all been sanded and stained together. The boards are much narrower than the top wood floors. these boards are only 12 cms wide. The top wood boards are 22cm wide.

I am torn because I like the width of the Topwood product but the gloss of the second option.

What would you guys pick? The house is a Hamptons style house with a very large white kitchen and white french doors opening onto the back yard, we also have a traditional staircase like this one.

So i am looking for the floors that would best match this theme.

I would love to hear what people think and also anyone who has used one of these options, how do they wear, are they easy to keep clean, do they show the scratches etc.

Thanks for all your help.

Laura x

Comments (22)