Houzz Logo Print
louis_stevens0

House Plan Feedback

Louis Stevens
7 years ago

Hi Guys,

Long time snooper, first time poster.

My wife and I are in the process of planning our first home. We have purchase a 920m2 block and have approached a builder/designer to assist with some initial drawings.

We really like the style that these guys do, and everyone we know who has designed/built with them have been very happy.

We have some initial sketches they have drawn up based on an initial meeting to discuss our 'wants' and 'needs', which turned out quite good. Our follow up meeting is in a week, to discuss any changes we might want. Neither my wife nor I have any experience with plans etc, so I am seeking any input from the friendly Houzz community to pick up on anything we should be asking/requesting.

Any ideas that could improve the livability, homely feel, or features that will add value would be much appreciated.

We are young couple with 1 bub, but will hopefully have another in the near future. We have friends/family stay quite often, so would also like to have the spare bedroom.

For ideas on lot aspect, based on the plans attached below. North is at about 4 o'clock (I hope this makes sense, I didn't know how to add a North arrow in).

The block is narrow (16.4m) and long (50ish). The drawing below both have the standard 1.5m to the fence on each side.

I have attached below plans for both floors and some perspectives.

Ground Floor

1st Floor

Perspectives 1

Perspectives 2

Thanks very much in advance for your help. I look forward to any feedback or commentary you might have.

Cheers

Comments (10)