Houzz Logo Print
debdelect

New kitchen after water damage

Debbie Owen
7 years ago
We are fortunate to be getting a new kitchen through insurance after water from a storm came through the 6 downlights in our kitchen. I would appreciate any input! We are going to keep the U shape as we would lose too much cabinetry if we went with an island plus the cost of relocating the sink. Our home is relatively small so with this in mind we always keep with the whites & neutral tones and let the bright colours in our art show our personality.
We are going with white cabinets - high gloss or semi gloss?
We are having no handles on the top cabinets with handles on the lower cabinets. Should we go all cabinets with touch opening?
We are cutting down the lip of the bench to open the kitchen up, squaring it off & using a caesarstone - ocean foam. See photo.
We are removing the bread bin cabinet to expose more bench & splashback and to open it up. Also having the cabinet above this to be the same width as the 2 next to it so that it flows with more symmetry.
We want either the splashback or the benchback to pop. The big question is which one? We're thinking a wood veneer benchback or Stackpanel (photo attached)?? Do you think this will close in our smallish kitchen? We're thinking a glass splashback which I do like but I just want something a bit different.... I have also attached a photo of a cement look splashback that I've fallen in love with. What do you think? Any new ideas for benchback or splashbacks? Also with the bulkhead which will be squared off as it has to be replaced, can we go with 2 pendant lights? Will they be too low?
Debbie

Comments (12)