Houzz Logo Print
glburr

Best timeless splash back for a modern kitchen in a heritage home

Louise B
7 years ago
Hi everyone, Just hoping to get some advice about a timeless splash back to put into my heritage home. The kitchen will have mid-grey shaker-style cupboards, white Corian benches, and timber accents. The room has beautifully ornate cornicing and we've just painted the walls in Dulux "Snow Season". I had originally hoped to have a mosaic Carrara marble herringbone splash back, but my hubby has vetoed marble (too old fashioned, he thinks!). My fallback plan was to use some hand-cut, Spanish, long, matt, white subway tiles in a herringbone layout with a light grey grout. However, I have recently learned that many people regard subway tiles as a 'trend that should end'. I'm open to other options but need to factor in some open timber shelving that I'll have with the splash back running up the back. For this reason, I don't think glass or Caesarstone will work; also, give the age of the house, I don't think the walls are particularly straight. I've attached a photo of the kitchen plans for this side of the room. Help please!

Comments (35)