Houzz Logo Print
rachael_hoey47

Advice Needed - Overwhelmed !

Rachael
7 years ago
Hi,

We are about to build a Merticon House & booked in to Stuido M in a weeks time to choose colors etc.

I'm very overwhelmed trying to choose kitchen/bathroom colors & splash backs. I do know I want timber floating floors and a mix of timber & white cupboards. Possibly even marbel thrown in somewhere. These are the kitchens I have shortlisted. I'm not too concerned about the cleaning side of things (meaning white grout) and I really trying to avoid anything that will date quickly or something that is already dated!

With the timber floor, is it best to match it the same color as the timber cupboards or is it better to have contrast colors?

When choosing kitchen tiles for splash back is it advisable to choose the same tiles/colors in kitchen for the bathrooms also?

As for paint colors, can you suggest anything for brand new house? Our house living area won't have a huge amount of light but won't be really dark either, probably in between...

I love black & white stripe rugs, rattan lamps tropical plants for decor & am think black or dark grey features walls in main bedroom & dining/living areas...

I know I'm asking a lot but I need all the advice I can get, too many choices !!

Any feedback on anything would be a help... Hers a few pics of kitchens I have shortlisted plus some other pics in the next post ...

Comments (7)