Houzz Logo Print
houzzaupolls

Vote and Comment to win Kevin 'Grand Designs' McCloud's book!

HouzzAU Polls
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

How do you live in harmony with the environment and what drives the decisions you make in your own home?

Kevin McCloud is a man who has inspired many of us with his appreciation of good design. As the Observer states, "This is a man who actually enjoys watching concrete dry… his enthusiasm is so infectious’.

To win the book, simply vote below and tell us about one of your own principals of home related to living ethically in your own home...

About the book

Principles of Home deals with practical issues that face any household, from materialism to sustainability, craftsmanship to comfort.

Like on television on the much lauded series, Grand Designs, Kevin is articulate and insightful, blending everyday thoughtfulness and a dedication to the common good with incisive advice on living and design.

Kevin addresses very real and solvable domestic issues: What is the perfect kitchen layout? How to create a feeling of space in traditionally sized rooms? How to create an extension that works? How best to choose colour for function?

In the book you'll find ideas on decoration, design, lighting and colour, with the same stunning photos of architecture and design that you are used to seeing alongside Kevin on TV.

The poll:

To win the book, simply vote below and tell us about one of your own principals of home related to living ethically in your own home... (Comment with examples)

Competition ends Sunday 17 Sept 2016 11.59pm. Winner will be randomly drawn on Monday 18 Sept 2016. View T&Cs.

I have reduced my food waste
I use less energy
I choose my food sources carefully
I buy clothes from trusted manufacturers
Other (tell us in the comments section!)

Comments (17)