Need help with lounge room decor

adeieso
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Lounge Room Dilemma · More Info

My lounge room currently consists of a black modular leather couch and white gloss buffet & entertainment unit. Recently purchased an occasional chair. Am looking to buy rug, coffee table and prints for the wall but have no idea what to buy. I am looking to soften the room as I now regret buying the leather couch as room looks very sterile. How do I make it cozy? The room is an L-shaped lounge/dining area so not sure what size rug would suit and how to place it. The sofa and buffet lie along the longest wall so would like to place wall print/canvas above the sofa and something above the buffet. If I have framed print/s above sofa, do I need perhaps a canvas above buffet or vice versa, or should both wall art be the same ie both in frames, or both canvases as they are on the same wall? Also have no idea what type coffee table would suit as I would rather not purchase white gloss table to match buffet & entertainment unit as I will be continuing with the "cold" vibe. Both buffet and sofa have chrome legs. I recently purchased a lamp for the buffet which incorporates a little timber and has a natural shade and I am looking to perhaps replace the current canvases above the buffet as the colours are possibly not suitable for the cozy feel I am going for?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I HAVE NO IDEA!!!

Also having trouble uploading a photo. I click on "upload photo" at bottom of box that I type this text in, I select photo and say ok/open etc and that's it. Nothing happens!

Comments (27)