Houzz Logo Print
zaffa

Entry lights

zaffa
7 years ago
Hi all,
I would love your advice/thoughts on my design dilemma. As per our floor plan attached, our entrance foyer is slightly wider than our hallway. I have a few queries:-
1. I'm not sure how to position the light in the entry - centred to the entry which means it will be off centre to the downlights running down the hallway?
2. In line with the hallway lights and then have a pendant light in the right corner of the entry, to balance it out?

I'm also wanting a different light in the entry to define this space (not a downlight) which might be ok with the entry light being off centre. However, I'm worried that people have to walk under it when entering the house. Do you think this would be a problem?

Which of these two pendant lights would you think is more suitable for an entry )the black/copper slimline dome or the amber flatter glass pendant? We have a modern home, polished concrete floors with exposed aggregate, anodised silver aluminium Windows. My feature pendant lights around the house are hand blown glass from Mark Douglass Design.

I also would love your advice on our kitchen and meals feature lighting. We have chosen an oversized statement piece for the far end of our island bench (pic posted - the smokey grey pendant, the lower one on the right of the pic) and think a pendant light above the dining table will be (1) overkill as the 2 lights will be im the same line of sight as you walk into the area from the hallway, and (2) take away from the island pendant being a statement piece. What do you think?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Comments (14)