Houzz Logo Print
1010daman

Kitchen Tower Colour - 2 Pac White or Polytec Ravine Natural Oak?

1010daman
7 years ago

Hi Houzzers,

I have a kitchen tower unit - open shelves and narrow drawer that I have currently requested to be in Polytec Ravine Natural Oak but I am doubting my decision and wondering if I should change it to a 2 Pac Dulux Natural White to follow the rest of my kitchen cabinets.

The bench top is in Caesarstone Raw Concrete, desk is in Caesarstone Fresh Concrete and the rest of the cabinets and open shelves above desk are in a 2 pac Natural White. I have American Oak floors and wanted to put in a pop of colour within the cabinets instead of having it all in white. The splash back is in Dulux Flooded Gum.

However, I am wondering if there are too many colours happening here and there’s no symmetry in the design to use so I should not use the Natural Oak?

This tower unit is 600mm deep and the overhead cabinets above the bench top are recessed in. Therefore the sides of the tower unit, which is a full height panel, when viewed from the desk or the bench top will be in Ravine Natural Oak as it sticks out. From the bench top, the other side next the fridge will be in 2 Pac White panel. I was trying to follow a design I saw with the Natural Oak, the photo which I attach.

I have an island with a Fresh Concrete top and there is also Natural Oak in the highlight panel under the island bench like in the photo. The drawers behind the island are all in 2 Pac Natural White. I also have another bench top against a wall where my cooktop and ovens are located and the cabinets here are all in 2 Pac with a Raw Concrete bench top.

Therefore the only cabinet with the Natural Oak is this tower unit. Should I make everything in 2 Pac Natural White instead?

Would love some views on my colour choice and to help in my decision.

Thanks so much!

Comments (4)