Houzz Logo Print
karina_lee7

How can I maximise bench and storage space here..

Karina Lee
7 years ago

How can I make the most of this kitchen? I would like more bench space and storage..at the moment half my things are still in boxes! I can't close the cabinets as my plates stick out a little and I have barely enough bench space to do anything...I'm currently using my dishwasher as a drying rack. I also have this random useless space under the stairs which I would like converted to more storage (pull out drawers) and bench space.

The pantry also has to go as I cannot open the doors properly, it hits the bottom of the stairs and I can barely just reach inside the back.

I am thinking of getting a custom built rolling bench top with shelves underneath which I can pull out from under the stairs and it looks like a drawer under the stairs when not in use. I am not too keen to have a permanent breakfast table or bench built in the middle of the room as it will cut my living space in half and the dining table will be located there as well.

FYI, the lounge is next to the kitchen, so the TV is next to the counter - therefore cannot extend the counter and make longer.

Any ideas appreciated..my mind is a jumbled mess. Thanks!

K

Comments (24)