Houzz Logo Print
lucysayhi

Advice on new build floorplan

L O
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello,

My partner and I are in our mid-late 20s and building our first home. We have bought a beautiful 4.5 acre sloped bush block just outside of Launceston in Tasmania, and would like to build a modest house that is beautiful but not extravagant.

I have attached our current floor plan (which is smaller than previous plans - we have done about 50!!) and we are pretty happy with it, but would like some feedback from people more experienced than us :) I hope you can read it OK!

The open living area is north facing for warmth and the windows at the front of the house look out to a magnificent mountain view. We also have great views out the back, which is why we want to have a large deck.

We want to build a home on piers, and create space underneath for a garage. Obviously, we will need lots of insulation and double glazed windows for heating purposes.

As I have mentioned in a previous post, we are really wanting a small house and don't think a second bathroom or an additional bedroom is necessary...but again we are open to people's ideas. We do plan to have a second toilet, and this is currently located in the laundry (which has a sliding door to close this off). The hot water system is the little closet near the master.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

Comments (26)