Houzz Logo Print
bentleybonnie

How small can my ensuite be and still work?

Hi,

I am in the process of renovating main bathroom and possibly using a 650mm x 1400mm wall cavity for bathroom/hallway storage. If I do this, I will be left with a space of 1600mm x (650mm + ?) or (1600mm + ?) x (650mm + ?) for an ensuite that will be done at a later date. Any extra length to the 1600mm would need to be achieve by a bumpout on exist house (extending external wall) and any extra width (the depth that is currently 650mm) would have to be achieved by taking up some space from the bedroom. I have already checked and it is possible to take another 600mm of depth into the bedroom and the bedroom still be of reasonable size.

My question is what is the minimum size, that I could do an ensuite and it still work...the ensuite door entry would be accessed via the longer wall.??????

I guess doing things the most easy way, is it possible to make an ensuite work with a size of 1600mm x 1250mm depth. I would want a shower of size at least 900mm x 850mm. The toilet could be one that has cistern in the wall, but I wouldn't want the vanity to have a depth less than 370mm and length of 450mm (preferably 600mm)???

Has anyone got any advice for me please????

Comments (2)