Houzz Logo Print
kll2155

Please help with lounge room design...

Kim
7 years ago

I am about to start my lounge room makeover, however I am quite confused as to what to do. It's really a space where my hubby and I unwind at night after kids are in bed, and sometimes sit with visitors if not having dinner. I would love it to have a more luxurious feel, but at the same time keep clean lines and simple design.

My problems start with a couple of pieces of furniture that I would really like to incorporate but feel they won't suit the room. The buffet is an original that was made in Adelaide that my in-laws bought when first married, so has a lot of sentimental value. (actually photographed in a different room, just so you don't get confused!) Was thinking could somehow use it instead of a tv cabinet?? And the corner china cabinet (not at all old) is also from my in-laws and my hubby wants to keep it.

I need to paint and re-carpet, and would be willing to change the curtains. There are blinds behind them but the curtains help keep out cold and afternoon summer sun. The bay window faces south-west, and the windows are too low to have a window seat. The external door leads to a covered rear verandah, and the main opening is to the home entry/foyer.

I like greys, whites and neutrals, but would love to incorporate a feature colour, either on a wall, or a single chair and furnishings- like a rich teal perhaps. We have a dark blue, dated, leather lounge suite at present, which will I will have to use in short term, but want to replace with a sofa and one or two single chairs that are different eventually when money allows. So I don't want to do design around that.

Ignore the tiny tv and extra artworks around the place, I am preparing to gut the room and the main tv is already gone :)

Basically my ideas are all over the place, LOL!! I would appreciate any thoughts and ideas! Thanks, Kim

Comments (23)