Houzz Logo Print
b_more

Interior advice regarding colour, furniture, etc etc... Please

B M
7 years ago

Hi,

I am really struggling at present with my indecision which seems to be a recurring issue in my life in some form or another!!!

We are building a Metricon home at present and we are getting closer and closer to hand over and now being close to xmas I have to start making some money decisions in regards to buying furniture as we are totally refurnishing.

I have included some photos of our open living area, it is not big!

I would say my style would be Scandinavian i really like light and bright, with a hint of refined industrial with the polished concrete and my husband is modern-contempory so quite a mix!!

My dilemma is the lounge colour, we have chosen a King furniture lounge (Delta Metro) and I don't know if I should go light or dark. I'm not overly fussed with the practicality aspect with a light lounge as we have a white leather lounge now and it has survived to babies with not too much drama! i have added a photo of the two choices.

Shane has picked a glass table that is in the dimensions that will fit the room 200x100mm (I have added the photo) he likes the black base & I'm leaning towards white? The timer looks good in the photo but is not very nice it is a metal base with timber look sticker on it.

Suggestions on colour/s to add with cushions/ prints/ throws/ accessories?

Rug ideas? Im in love with all the Armadillo & Co rugs! Too many choices.

Window furnishing ideas/ colour? Or anything else you could suggest regarding the area would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance x

The polished concrete hasn't been finished yet and has a protective coating on it.

HOUSE SPECS:

Formica - Ash Woodline

Under the island bench/ top shelves in the study nook/ media cabinet

Laminex - Polar White in silk finish

Kitchen cupboards and desk in the study nook

Paint - Builders white on ceiling/ architraves/ skirting's/ internal doors

White on White on all the walls

Bench top - Essa stone

New Crystal Salt

Polished Concrete floors - Graphite imagecrete colour and Penfield aggregate

Windows - Powder coated

Ultra Silver

Glass table black or white base? The aluminium might be a bit to shiny

These chairs come in a dark charcoal colour too.

Comments (4)