Houzz Logo Print
yuski

Vinyl floor for the whole house-anyone done it before and any regrets?

yuski
7 years ago
Hi we are weighing flooring options for a house we will be moving into, currently has old tired red carpet for most part of the house. We are considering replacing with engineered timber floor but we have 2 small dogs, who sometimes can have accidents in the house (pee) even with dog door installed.

I'm concerned that if there's any accidents during the day and we a pile of water is sitting on the floor for > 8 hours, and even longer if unnoticed, that will cause the floor to bulge and warp or even change colour.

So that leads me to consider vinyl floor (plank or sheet). I'm not a huge fan of vinyl, but am wondering if practicality should prevail. It also has the advantage of softer underfoot, but am concern it will look cheap and it's not just a family or living room we are talking about but the whole house.

Does anyone gone down this path before and willing to share yr experience? Especially if you actually have vinyl floor for the whole house or most part, how do they fare after years? Do they move or fade and look tired over time compared with engineered timber?

Thanks.

Stressed out.

Comments (6)