Houzz Logo Print
joyadanwrites

Best use of this walk-in pantry space

We have made major modifications to our project builder's standard floor plan to accommodate this WIP pantry space. Note the image is just to show you layout (the current measurements are wrong as we plan to take a few cm from the laundry and guest robe and give that back to the kitchen, island and WIP). So final measurements for WIP are 3.61m x 1.31m with 2.7m ceiling height.

I'd like to use the WIP as a continuation of the kitchen, which is why I'm going for a square set opening instead of a door. Would love your feedback on how best to utilise the space.

My intention is to have a bench span the length of the longest wall, to house small appliances such as the microwave, coffee maker, toaster (as I don't want to clutter the already limited space on either side of our cooker, and I'm not a fan of having a microwave under the island as we have lots of small children visiting our house often). I don't know if there'd be space for a sink? Is it even worth having a second sink in there and turning the WIP into a butler's pantry?

I'd like shelves and or slide out drawers under the bench to store breakfast food and snacks within easy reach of the kids. Would also use under the bench as storage space for all my pots and baking items.

Thinking narrow overhead shelves for pantry items. Possibly a dedicated spot for wine. Would love some ideas and photos so we can make it as functional as possible before moving in.

Comments (8)