Houzz Logo Print
martin_carr

Seeking advice on floor plan for a major reno.

Martin Carr
7 years ago

Four years ago my wife and I bought a house in a suburb we love with the intention of either a major reno or knock down rebuild.

We have been living in this house for the past three years and for various reasons we feel the best way to go will be the reno.

We would love the advice of fellow enthusiasts as to ideas on our proposed floor plan.

Basically we wish to enclose the back deck to make a family/dining room and move the master ensuite and walk-in robe to the study which will enable us to capture the sun and views.

The kitchen will be mostly open plan except from the fridge around to the stove with line of sight from the front door to backyard. The laundry is currently under the master bedroom which is accessed externally, we wish to install stairs where the current WC is so we have internal access to the laundry. There is also a storage room behind the laundry that we will convert to another bathroom.

The block is gently sloping from the front south east corner to the back north west corner.

I have attached a current and planned floor plan (not to scale and apologies for the quality!) for feedback, thanks in advance!

Comments (15)