Houzz Logo Print
gioenne_rapisarda

WIN a Sunbeam Zumbo Limited Edition Mixmaster!

Gioenne Rapisarda
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Australia's original Mixmaster has teamed up with the dessert master, Adriano Zumbo, to to develop a fun, vibrant and colourful range of products that are sure to inject some creativity into your cooking!

To be in the running to win a Sunbeam Zumbo Limited Edition Mixmaster (RRP $599), simply vote and comment, telling us: Who is the dessert master in your family and why? One vote and one comment equals an entry, full terms and conditions here.

Yourself!
Parent
Sibling
Son/Daughter
Aunt/Uncle
Spouse
Other - tell us who!

Comments (184)

• rach_dov
    7 years ago

Hi houzz! My sister is great at desserts! And my daughter is learning and I would love to give her the mixer as it was on her 21st birthday list that I couldn't get!

• Morgan Josefski
    7 years ago

I make the most delicious banana roll cake. nom, nom, nom!

• Vyky Beattie
    7 years ago

I am the dessert master in our family - I love cooking and sharing desserts but if we're talking about eating them ... well that's another matter all together hehe my 3 and a half year old steals that prize ...and the cake everytime lol

• Jessica Cassar
    7 years ago

I am the dessert master in my family, as I absolutely LOVE to bake & it relaxes me. It's kind of an addiction.

• Jodie Bleeze
    7 years ago

I'm the dessert master in my house, not bragging or anything :) but cooking for over 30 years for my family of 10. Plus all the extras that stayed with us who had no where else to live including families. There were always someone to cook for and desserts always made the best finish to a delicious meal. I loved and still do seeing people's reactions and compliments to my cooking. I may not be great at many things in life. But cooking I'm brilliant with. It's in my soul, now being passed down to my 8 children.

• Vee
    7 years ago
    I'm the annoying spectator for hubby's handyman jobs. The apprentice on using my sons ipad. The exhausted in need of a mumsunion revolt worker to two toddlers. Mark my words show me something that needs to whipped, folded, creamed, sprinkled, drizzled, razzled and dazzled I am not just the master but THE QUEEN
  • myownstyle13
    7 years ago

Everyone loves my German cakes and Christmas cookies! ;-)

• myffe
    7 years ago

Its me ! I adore creating decadant deserts and only have wooden spoons and a little hand mixer.This is my favorite chocolate lava cakes with homemade lemon curd and berties.

• Linda Phillips
    7 years ago

I am. I love baking and making desserts,it's my therapy! I've got to say I enjoy eating them nearly as much! :)

• familythomsen
    7 years ago

My 6 year old granddaughter is the dessert master. They may not be the most appealing looking, sometimes they can be either soggy or crispy and they are not always edible but they joy on her face when she is creating is wonderful. We always eat every last crumb no matter what, as it was made with joy and love. (Hopefully not the soap and dishwashing liquid)

• Melinda Roche Kumar
    7 years ago

I have inherited my mothers sunbeam mix master it is from the 70's. It is still working perfectly. But dang, the new pink Zumbo model looks sweeeeet!

• Naomi Jayne
    7 years ago

My brother loves to cook - looking forward to him coming for Christmas and cooking some great Gluten free yummies for me!!

• Cheryl Bosworth
    7 years ago

If it can be baked i am your woman. My sugar loving husband is the taste tester and feeding his sugar addiction is key to a happy life. Why because if my husband tries to bake we need to call the fire brigade! But also i an toats addicted to coffee and what goes best with coffee? Baked delicousness of course! Theres something relaxing and exciting about mixing ingredients and waiting to see how your creation turns out. Now off to eat some lemon meringue. Please ignore the second rate mixer in the photo

• Michelle Leach
    7 years ago

Having had no kids to make lovely desserts for I never had the urge to bake. Now I have a niece to bake cakes and desserts for, I would love to learn with this. Thanks for the chance ✨

• Joanne Wolter
    7 years ago

I am, without a doubt the "Sweet Treat Dessert Creator" in our household. When the urge or the occasion arises for something delectably naughty I got it covered. Why buy when you can create. From Raspberries, Chocolate, 12 egg sponges, Old fashioned puddings to make the world around seem better and more. That's my job, I love that I can make people feel better.

• Joe Chen
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

My wife who doesn't have a sweet tooth but learns how to make desserts just to bless people with them. She recently made 80 green-tea and raspberry macaroons for a Christmas BBQ and hosted 20 single parents from the community, organized games for the kids so that the parents could relax, chill and enjoy the lunch.

• pekkle_007
    7 years ago

Me cos the look on my children's faces are priceless when I can create something like a cake they like for their birthdays.

• monique overend
    7 years ago

love dessert its always good to have favourite recipes, but also crazy new ones aswell when it come to who does the cooking, keeping ideas fresh

• Kerrie Chapman
    7 years ago

The bar isn't set too high in our house, as there is only the two of us and my husband's cooking skills are limited to, literally, bacon and eggs. I, myself, would never win Masterchef, but I do enjoy making simple, old-fashioned desserts that my mum and nanna used to make and that everyone seems to still enjoy today, such as cheesecakes, lemon delicious, apple sponges etc.

• PRO
    The Dream Stylist
    7 years ago

It used to be me but with five kids and a busy business schedule I've handed the reins over to my beautiful Mum and cute 3 year old who love to bake together...

• PRO
    MUSE modern interiors
    7 years ago
    hubby is our masterchef!
  • Lyn Smith Cornege
    7 years ago

Dessert is just as important as dinner, ;)

So I make sure it is a winner,

Prepared soufflé, oliebollen or tart,

With flavours off the chart,

I love to bake and I love to cook,

But I need Sunbeam to complete my look!

• Gioenne Rapisarda
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Loving all these entries so far everyone - and I'm almost drooling at the delicious looking photos! Make sure to comment as well as vote to ensure your entry is counted :) Keep them coming!

• PRO
    MOORE SANDS RESOURCES
    7 years ago

I am because everyone always comments that my desserts look like they come straight out of a glossy magazine

• Emma Gosling
    7 years ago

Besides being soooooo pretty, Ive always wanted a mixer!

• compacc123
    7 years ago

I love spending time baking in the kitchen! I'm incredibly unimaginative and not at all artistic but it's one activity where I don't care if I'm bad - I still enjoy it! I love baking to give as gifts to my loved ones for "just because" presents. I love baking to spend time with my toddler, teaching him about recipes, dexterity, fine motor skills, colours, textures, flavours. I love pouring my heart and soul into birthday cakes that he still remembers months later as being "super cool". I love having a hobby where I don't have the pressures of being a wife, mum, PhD student or employee

• evanskm1
    7 years ago

My 11 year old daughter loves baking, she's in the kitchen daily whipping up creations. It's a passion she really enjoys & we bond even more when we cook together.

• Liam A
    7 years ago

The desert master is my wife - always experimenting on how to make the classics dairy free or vegan friendly. Some are fails, some are wins, but I enjoy her creativity and persistence to gain a tasty result.

• Cally Tee
    7 years ago

My husband is the desert king, there is nothing he cannot make! He just recently made a beautiful Mille-feuille with custard and raspberries for a family gathering. For our wedding anniversary this year he made a 3 tier cake: my favourite boston mud cake at the bottom, his favorite baked Osaka style cheesecake in the middle and our daughter's favourite malteser fudge cake on the top. The pictures are the beautiful biscuits he made for Christmas presents and lovely jackfruit pastries. He's also a beautiful and generous man; the perfect package just like the Sunbeam Zumbo mixmaster! I love them both!!

• Samantha Okeil
    7 years ago

I spend all week at a desk pounding my brain, baking is my happy place where I can escape it all and find balance.

• Antonietta Leonello
    7 years ago
    Because I'm the only one who makes dessert!
  • rebekah_k
    7 years ago

My sister loves baking all sorts of yummy sweet treats and experimenting in the kitchen with new and interesting recipes

• Tess Kealy
    7 years ago

Nothing beats mums cooking!

• msmayas
    7 years ago

People are born with different gifts. Some are good at cooking and others are good at eating. In my family, she cooks wonderfully and I eat blissfully :-)

• Adah Tobes
    7 years ago

My grandmother has been baking for more than 25 years already. My most precious memories growing up are baking sessions with her, I practically grew up in the kitchen. She owns a handmixer however it's prone to overheating, bur can't buy a standmixer because we cannot afford it. She earns her living by selling the cakes she baked. Winning this stand mixer for her would greatly help her livelihood. I hope I win this for her.

• Dee
    7 years ago
    My choc brownies are simply the best. Hands down.
  • Veronica Dench
    7 years ago

One of my sisters is the dessert queen of our family, there are no barriers, cooking the best desserts all the time, putting mine to shame, but with the right mixer and my sister as my mentor I can make yummy desserts again.

• Katie Redhead
    7 years ago
    I voted me because I like to bake often and try new recipes. However my mum did teach me everything I know :). Here is a picture of a cake my boyfriends mum and I baked for my sisters baby shower!
  • bigreader
    7 years ago
    I'm the only cook in my family so my desserts have to be eaten The photo is of my 16 year old mixer with purchase receipt. And my Cookery the Australian way which is even older. I desperately need a Zumbo upgrade.
  • woodersdee
    7 years ago

my wife is definitely the baker in the family, except for cheesecake (she hates doing the base so if we have cheesecake I have to mke it)

• Brooke C
    7 years ago

My
    mum makes the best sponge cakes! But now that I'm a mum myself I'd
    like to become the dessert master for my family, and what better way
    to make that happen than with the Sunbeam Zumbo Limited Edition
    Mixmaster. I'd be making gourmet macarons in no time with that beauty
    :)

• H M
    7 years ago
    I like to know what is in the food I feed my kids, so cook treats when time allows.
  • Kim Dring
    7 years ago

I have been the reigning dessert queen in my family since a teenager. My mum always lamented that she didn't get the baking gene - it skipped a generation and went from my Grandma to me: my cakes and scones would rise perfectly each time, whereas hers quite often fell flat. Unfortunately, my mother's beautiful singing voice and artistic talent completely skipped over me.

My four boys love it when I bake, although blending working full time and parenting and a house with a lot of work to do, does limit the time to bake.

A good quality mixmaster is one of the key baking accessories for a lot of baking...but not for scones!!!

• Ev Huynh
    7 years ago
    my sister makes the best desserts and caters to allergies people have without compromising on taste
  • PRO
    Nasseri Associates
    7 years ago

I love cooking , find it relaxing and feels like meditation but baking and desserts is not my forte . My daughter likes baking she calmly follows recipes and it works !! she has been my inspiration to try making desserts .if a child can do it then I can too . It is also a good feeling when I ask my teenage daughter to make pavlova for our dinner guests.

• wuff
    7 years ago
    Hi Gioenne, who won the mixer, it would be great to know and see a photo of them with it :)
  • Gioenne Rapisarda
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi Wuff! We've contacted the winner and are yet to hear back from them so far. If they don't respond within 90 days, you may have another chance! :)

• mike_harrison51
    6 years ago

She does desert I do mains, good team.

• davincicalbourne
    last year

My daughter likes to challenge me with different cakes for her birthday lunch- i have made a fairy castle, ice-cream cake, rainbow cake and chocolate crackle cake… she is 29.

• Kate
    last year

Old posts