Houzz Logo Print
puskulm

Help! Layout 4 smallish U Kitchen to accommodate Dishwasher

puskulm
7 years ago

I'm struggling to decide the best way to accommodate dishwasher and size/type of sink in my kitchen upgrade. The kitchen is U shaped & has a 126 cm gap between facing base cabinets. The cook top will be replaced but remain in the middle of the 170 cm row facing the wall. The opposite peninsula side with no appliances as yet is 180 cm long.

The side between the rows faces a centrally located window and holds a sink which will be replaced. A Std. corner cabinet is 90 X 90 cm take up a relatively huge chunk of space which causes huge frustration with 230cm of length. The option of a blind corner cabinet has been presented which I don't like the idea of at all.

There are another row of cabinets facing the gap between two rows as well which includes space for a fridge and elevated electric oven. I intend to get to the separate section of cabinets at some stage in the future but does not fit into the equation for now apart from a refinish.

My thoughts are to squeeze a single sink to the right and Std. dishwasher to it's left both under the window area. A slimline dishwasher is something I'm not to thrilled about settling for. The water is plumbed in from under the window. The drainage is set into the corner opposite the side of the cook top. I am not keen to have the sink under the window and the dishwasher opposite the cook top because of the loss of storage space.

If you come up with any ideas as far as options for dealing with the corners and/or with regard to slotting the dishwasher and sink into the limited space available. I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Mike

Comments (14)